EE 361L University of Hawaii
Lab 2: Introduction to the PIC 16F84A
- Objective: To get familiar with the PIC 16F84A microcontroller.
- Read the brief overview of the 16F84A.
- Read the quick and dirty tutorial to
program the 16F84A.
- Program the microcontroller using a C language program
found here. The microcontroller
should drive a 7 segement display so that it counts
'0', '1', ..., '9', '0'.... The TA will provide the
parts and show you how to connect them.
- Modify the program so that it counts up ('0', '1',..., '9', '0'
...) if RA0 = 1, but otherwise it counts down
('0', '9', '8',... '0',...).
- Lab Report: In your lab report, include your modified C program.
Explain the parts you used and how they were connected (include a circuit
diagram). Describe any problems that you encountered.