EE 260 Lab 1
LogicWorks Software Tool
The objectives of this lab are threefold:
- You will organize you EE 260 team for the lab.
- You will complete the tutorial for the LogicWorks software
to get familiar with the schematic entry and simulation features of the
2. Team Formation
The purpose of this task is to meet with your teammates for the
semester and decide among yourselves the details of how your team will
operate. In addition, for teams with four members, you will decide how
you will split into 2 groups of two for working in the lab. You will
also decide on a name for your team.
You should spend at least an hour of the lab period this week
discussing team issues with your team. In particular, as a team you
One member of the team should write-up the goals and expectations,
print it out, and have all members sign it. The signed copy should be
placed in your lab journal (you will need 2 copies). Also, send a copy
to the instructor in email
with all group members cc'd.
- Begin by doing the "Team Task" on the team
- Using your discussion from the above exercise, as a team you
should write up a list (or at least 10 items, but not more than 15) of
the goals and expectations of your team for the semester. Your list
ALL of the following issues:
- What behavior do you expect from all members of the team?
(come to meetings, labs, class on time, be prepared, etc.).
- When and where will the team meet to work together? (teams are required to meet face-to-face at least once per
week outside of class).
- How will individual roles (coordinator, recorder, checker,
process monitor) be assigned and rotated?
- What does the team expect to get out of this course this
semester? (grades, knowledge, skills).
- How will the group assess how you are performing as a team?
The web site for LogicWorks is www.capilano.com/LogicWorks,
where you can find information on purchasing LogicWorks (through Amazon
Chapters, which is a Canadian company) and other faqs. You should
be using Logicwork 5.
Go through the LogicWorks 5 Tutorials, Chapters 4 and 5 but skipping
the section on "Creating A Bus" in Chapter 5. You don't have to
understand everything that's
going on in the tutorial.
4. What To Turn In
Recall that your EE 260 lab team will write a list of goals and
expectations for the semester (see Section 2 above). In addition, your
team should do the "team task". One member of your team should
write these up on wiliki and email them to the TA (get
her email address), with a cc to all members of the group.