Information for Supervising Professors of TAs
Before the semester
- Read information for TAs
- Prepare the documents for the TA including
- Job description (an example form can be found here)
- Lab assignments
- Textbooks if needed
- Meet with the TA. If you are unavailable, have the above information prepared and leave it with the EE Office for your TA. Include a memo with instructions. These need to be done well in advance of the semester because TAs will arrive about a month before.
- Be sure the TA is familiar with safety procedures.
- Be sure the TA knows what to do if there are equipment, computer, or component problems.
At the beginning of the semester
- Sit in on a lab session. Then meet with the TA to provide feedback towards developing and improving teaching skills.
- Be sure the TA has office hours, and that they are in the laboratory if possible. The office hours should be posted on our EE web site here.
During the semester
- Meet with your TA regularly (weekly is recommended)
At the end of the semester