- Student Larry Martin & Alumnus John Salle place 1st in 2013 UH Business Plan Competition
- Prof Magdy Iskander receives UH Medal of Excellence in Research
- UH HKN honor society wins Outstanding Chapter Award
- Prof Tep Dobry is Hi Chang Chai Outstanding Faculty Member
- Carolynn Kitamura named Outstanding Graduating Senior
Aloha and Welcome to the Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Hawaii. We are part of the College of Engineering on the Manoa valley campus, located in the city of Honolulu. The campus is just a few miles from Waikiki Beach and the Diamond Head landmark.
We offer a fully-accredited (ABET) undergraduate program in Electrical Engineering for the Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, and a graduate program in Electrical Engineering for the Master of Science (MS) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees. We will offer a new undergraduate program in Computer Engineering for the Bachelor of Science (BS) degree beginning Fall 2010.
Our mission is to provide quality education, research and service to our constituents. The major goals are to educate a new generation of electrical engineers to meet the challenges of the future; create, develop, and disseminate new knowledge; and to promote a sense of scholarship, leadership, and service among our graduates.
To achieve our mission, our programs are designed to achieve our Undergraduate Program Educational Objectives and Program Outcomes, and Graduate Outcomes.