Optimization and Acceleration of MATLAB ApplicationsDate: 2017-03-22 Add to Google Calendar
Location: POST 214 (Kim Lab)
Speaker: Saket Kharsikar, MS, Application Engineer, The Mathworks Inc.
In this session we will discuss and demonstrate simple ways to improve and optimize your code that can boost execution speed by orders of magnitude. We will also address common pitfalls in writing m-code, explore the use of MATLAB Profiler to find bottlenecks, and briefly introduce our Parallel Computing Toolbox and Distributed Computing Server to solve computationally and data-intensive problems on multicore computers and clusters.
- Understand memory usage and vectorization in MATLAB
- Address bottlenecks in your programs
- Optimize file I/O to streamline your code
- Transition from serial to parallel MATLAB programs
- Execute applications on a single multicore or multiprocessor desktop
Registration is recommended to reserve a seat.