- The EE Department welcomes new Assistant Professor Darren Carlson
- Department fully accredited through 2022 for both Electrical and Computer Engineering BS programs
- Dr. Yingfei Dong awarded NSF CyberCorps Scholarship for Service Grant
- Dr. Aaron Ohta selected as Hi Chang Chai Outstanding Faculty
- Associate Professor David Garmire recognized with Board of Regents' Medal for Excellence in Teaching
Aloha and welcome to the Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Hawaii. We are part of the College of Engineering on the Manoa valley campus, located in the city of Honolulu. The campus is just a few miles from Waikiki Beach and the Diamond Head landmark.
We offer Bachelor of Science (BS) programs in Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering, a Master of Science (MS) program in Electrical Engineering, and a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in Electrical Engineering. Both BS programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET. The BS program in Computer Engineering is a joint offering with the Department of Information and Computer Sciences.
Our department aims to provide quality education, research and service to our constituents. The major goals are to educate a new generation of electrical engineers to meet the challenges of the future; create, develop, and disseminate new knowledge; and to promote a sense of scholarship, leadership, and service among our graduates.
Current enrollment and graduation data for our department may be found here [pdf].